Architectural Technologist – Wrought Iron Fence
T think I have only ever done a wrought Iron Fence like this classic once and that was for a temple I worked on In Handsworth Birmigham. So when I see something like this I had to stop and wonder, who made it, who designed it, I might, on a slack day draw it up, its so good. This particular fence was around a small private grave yard, still neat and tendered, but as you can see one of the smaller uprights has been broken, still its a nice detail and a classic fence. The freeze style top rail is most unusual.
Sadly a lot of this type of cast iron fencing was cut down in the war years in the mistaken belief it was being used to make armaments,, but was dumped into the sea. however some did survive, and if you have to repair them or make good, this site for Glasgow, might help and this photo link to Google is a belter, it’s just loaded with great photos
- Architectural Technologist – BIM and Vectorworks from CU (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Vectorworks, Symbols in Symbols (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Vectorworks Plugin Arredo (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Vectorworks for Left Handers (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Scarf Joint (konstrukshon.com)