Architectural Technologist – Moleskin
I have a problem in that my last moleskin is getting full, I have made all sorts of notes, details, sketches and references, that I need to protect, so for the last few days, I have been scanning my notes by page and often by section, I have been doing this with my iPhone, I have a very good scanner program that turns anything I scan into a PDF which I can send direct to my Evernote account, I can then tag and move them into the correct section file. I have taken to using different colours to make up sections details of even when I write to make a reference point, the scanning does not pick this up, so I take photos of the page and send these.
I make notes in the moleskin that the page is copied and in evernote. So what next, well I need a new moleskin, my current one is a plain paper red edition, but I fancy a black one again just to make it different.
I use the moleskin as its always with me, I suppose my mobile iPhone is mostly with me, but pencil and paper is so natural, and with this system I get the best of both world, thinking on paper, and storing and referencing my notes on the computer in a system that spans all my online experience. I also use an A4 binder in front of my laptop, for much the same thing, as I used to use a day book for, making notes re telephone conversations, workings I make whilst drawing, thought notes almost anything that comes to mind, these are also transfered to my Evernote account, tagged and further notes added as required, well if I can remember. My iPad is so cool, it allows me to do everything I do on paper and so much more, and I do use it for this purpose, but paper just comes back as well, a natural thought process.
And as a last thought, Google now searches my evernote account and shows anything relevant in my searches.
Don’t forget, I will host a tech hangout every Friday at 3 pm, call in to chat, moan,find out something, anything to do with Architectural Technology. follow me on Google + “+stevescaysbrook”
- Architectural Technologist – BIM report for NewZealand (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – The day they killed innovation (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Just wondering the web (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Evernote and Skitch and Entrepreneurship (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Evernote Vs the new Springpad (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Trees – Arboriculture & The new British standard, BS 5837:2012. (konstrukshon.com)
- Moleskine Click Roller Pen (uncrate.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Working away from your main machine on an iPad (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Pipe inspection by a robot (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Editing & Changing a polyline in a Vectorworks drawing (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Google Hangout for Architectural Technologists – today @ 5 pm (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Print to kindle (konstrukshon.com)
- Architectural Technologist – Tech hangout (konstrukshon.com)
- Here’s A Pen To Match Your Moleskine Notebook (gizmodo.com.au)
- Architectural Technologist – Working with Two Screens (konstrukshon.com)